Monday, December 13, 2010

(Sung to the tune of the carol "Do You Hear What I Hear?"

See that dark spot? Floating in the water? 


Said the little girl
to her ironing board,
"Do you see what I see?
It's floating there,
in the water reservoir...
Do you see what I see?"
A spider, a spider,
Floating in a ball
He met a steamy fate after all!
He met a steamy fate after all!!!
YUCK! 

Thank goodness I was able to get that little bugger out! The *funny* thing is that I had been sewing and pressing for well over an hour when I noticed its curled up dead body floating there... I'm guessing all the steam I was using boiled its little brain! HAHAHA (I hate spiders).

That, my friends, is why after I'd been making progress on Ben's quilt last night I decided to call it an evening. 

But it is not the worst/weirdest place I've discovered a spider. In elementary school, I used to drink chocolate milk every day from a plastic cup with one of the big bendy straws. I washed the cup after every use so it would be ready for the next morning. One day, I made my chocolate milk, stuck the lid on the cup, plunked the straw through, and took my first huge gulp... BLECK!!! THERE WAS A SPIDER IN THE STRAW, WHICH QUICKLY BECAME A SPIDER IN MY MOUTH! My dad almost yelled at me for spitting chocolate milk all over the counter until he realized why. then, as all great dads do, he started laughing.

I'm kind of nervous for spring here in our new house with all these woods around because of the spider Tim squished for me on the porch on the last barely warm day... it was the kind you could saddle up and ride into town. 

I'm giving myself heebie jeebies thinking about it. 

Sleep tight, everyone! ;)

1 comment:

FREE questions and comments! Complaints will be read for a nominal fee of $17,000.