Friday, December 24, 2010

Merry Christmas!

It's Christmas Eve, and I just got back from dinner with Tim and the guys working on base tonight- I couldn't let them be left out on Christmas Eve, so I made ham, bambini (mini calzones), and cheesy potato casserole, and fudge and frosted sugar cookies for dessert. I have never seen 8 guys looking so happy and grateful! It was well worth working most of the afternoon. I love holidays, especially the meals. This way, I got to have dinner with Tim again.

While I was making dinner, I made a casserole carrier-- basically in between steps I ran back to my sewing room, finishing the carrier about 10 minutes before the potatoes were done- now that's what I call perfect timing!

This makes the second festive dinner I've made in a row! Last night, I hosted fondue night (which is usually Christmas Eve, but this year is a little wonky). Mom came down on her way to my brother's, and her brother, my uncle John came. We had a blast. I'm proud of myself for having been able to pull off not one but two festive meals.

Tim and I exchanged the rest of our gifts on Wednesday evening- he had gotten my presents that morning, and is worse than I am about waiting to give a gift. I didn't mind- it means I got to wear my new sparkly jewelry a couple days early! He loved his fleece blanket, and Dexter season 4, and his 3 PS3 games. I still have to make a lunchbox for him, but that can wait.

I think I've earned an evening of rest. Merry Christmas, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

FREE questions and comments! Complaints will be read for a nominal fee of $17,000.