Tuesday, December 21, 2010

DONE

Most of these fabrics came from my stash!
The last official Christmas present is DONE! Hooray, hooray, time to relax a bit! I told Tim I'd make him a lunch box, but that doesn't have a deadline like the other presents. This quilt is going up with him tomorrow for my MIL. It was inspired by designs in the book The Cat's Meow by Janet Kime (one of the many books my aunt left with me when she was in town in September). I added the letters for a little extra humor.

It measures approximately 42" by 56", which will make it a great quilt for her since she's only 5 feet tall.

It feels so nice to be done with all the necessities for this year! I had wanted to make more for our house, but I don't want to drive myself crazy anymore, and there's always next year. I'm taking the night of now. I'm not even frosting the cookies I made today until tomorrow- it's a resting night for me, since tomorrow will be cleaning, cleaning, cleaning in preparation for having Mum and my uncle over on Thursday and then cooking/baking some more for Friday for the guys who have to work Christmas Eve.   In my world, no one should miss a good meal on Christmas Eve, especially my husband, and definitely not those who serve our country. Plus, I love to cook. :) Win-win!

No comments:

Post a Comment

FREE questions and comments! Complaints will be read for a nominal fee of $17,000.